Grab my Top 10 Raw Foods For Cleansing The Body E-book (free!)
Raw desserts are guilt-free and you can literally eat them at any time of the day. They can be an on-the-go breakfast, a snack when your sweet tooth kicks in at 3pm, or a dessert you share with your family after dinner.
Most raw chocolate desserts include raw cacao as an ingredient which is known as the Amazonian Antioxidant King. It has 40 times more antioxidants than blueberries, the highest plant-based source of iron, more calcium than cows’ milk and lots of magnesium for a healthy heart and brain.
Unfortunately raw cacao is a stimulant and is not for everyone. People who have a weak and sensitive nervous system can experience negative side effects from cacao like heart palpitations and effected sleep. These people generally can’t consume any stimulants whatsoever. This is me! Unfortunately I can’t touch raw cacao without experiencing these side effects and have to substitute it in recipes with carob powder.
Everyone’s body is different, so if you can eat cacao and enjoy the benefits, then definitely continue do so, as this food is yummy and very nutritious!
This recipe legit takes about 10 minutes to make and you’ve got yourself a deliciously healthy treat.
CHEWY CHOCOLATE SLICE
Makes approx. 12 squares
- 1 cup medjool dates (soak if dry)
- 1 cup pecans (preferably activated)
- 5 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 4 tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp honey/maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Process pecans in a food processor until crumbly.
- Add dates and process again.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until mixture comes away from the bowl. Do not over process.
- Put mixture into a small pan and press down firmly to achieve desired thickness.
- Place in freezer for a couple of hours to make slicing easier.
Enjoy these scrumptious treats!