Grab my Top 10 Raw Foods For Cleansing The Body E-book (free!)
Fried rice is a traditional Asian dish consisting of white rice, vegetables, eggs and meat. Sounds okay, right?
There is something about Asian takeaway food that is just so yummy. A lot of people find they can eat more and more without feeling full. They eat their entrees of spring rolls and dumplings, finish off their chicken fried rice, and then check to see if anyone else on the table has left overs. You could almost describe this food as addictive. Can you relate to feeling this way?
Let me tell you, it’s not actually your fault. Restaurants add a bunch of processed ingredients like vegetable oil, fat, salt, and MSG to their food PRECISELY for that reason – to keep you wanting more. These ingredients literally trigger chemical reactions in your brain that stop your body from signalling you’re full, hence you act like a bottomless pit.
I love helping people realise they can make all of their favourite takeaway dishes at home without the use of unhealthy additives.
I have taken the traditional fried rice recipe, removed all the unnecessary stuff, leaving you with a dish that will have you coming back for more. And guess what, you can – without feeling guilty!
HEALTHY VEGAN FRIED RICE
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, refrigerated for at least 2 hours
- Inch of ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Florets of 1/2 head broccoli
- 1 carrot, finely sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum, finely sliced
- 1 cup green beans, chopped
- 1 cup green peas
- 4 tbsp tamari
- Handful fresh coriander leaves
- Add a touch of water to a large pan and cook the ginger and garlic for a couple of minutes.
- Add the broccoli, carrot, capsicum and green beans and cook for about 8 minutes (or until slightly tender).
- Add the tamari, green peas, green onions, coriander and brown rice.
- Stir gently to heat all of the ingredients.
- Top with extra fresh coriander and serve.