I have created a vegan fried rice recipe in the past, but this one is different.
It is RAW.
All of the enzymes, vitamins and minerals stay in tact, which means your body is being deeply nourished and fed on a cellular level. You’re welcome 😉
So how do you make a raw version of fried rice? Simple!
Instead of cooked rice you’re going to pulse up cauliflower and zucchini, and then you’re going to mix in marinate vegetables. You can use the vegetables in the recipe provided, or you can choose your favourites. Maybe you’d like to use broccoli or red onion instead. Play around and have fun with it. I marinated the veggies overnight to allow the flavours of the sauce to infuse in to them. This also works to soften the vegetables so they have a more cooked-like texture.
The addition of pineapple gives this dish a hint of sweetness while not overpowering the prominent fresh asian flavours.
Raw Sweet and Sour “Fried Rice”Nourish your body on a cellular level with this deliciously sweet and sour raw “fried rice” recipe.
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 large red capsicum
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1/2 cup pineapple
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp tamari
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 thumb size piece ginger
- chilli powder to taste
- Chop all of the vegetables up in to bite size pieces and put in a bowl.
- Mix all of the sauce ingredients in to the vegetables.
- Cover and put in the fridge for a minimum of 8 hours (or overnight).
- Chop up the “rice” ingredients (cauliflower and zucchini) and pulse them in a food processor until it looks like a rice consistency. Be careful not to over-process.
- Combine the “rice” and marinated vegetables in to a bowl and garnish with extra herbs.