Grab my Top 10 Raw Foods For Cleansing The Body E-book (free!)
My mum made this the other night and I just had to share it with you. She is honestly the best at making pasta sauces. She throws together whatever’s in the fridge and it always turns out amazing!
This is a rich tomato sauce and the addition of pumpkin and pine nuts make it deliciously satisfying. You can make this dish your own by choosing your favourite type of pasta. I recommend using a gluten free variety. There are many different types. My mum loves to use one that is a combination of quinoa and brown rice.
NAPOLENTANA PASTA WITH PUMPKIN
- 1/4 of pumpkin, cubed
- 1 small brown onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tin crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dry basil or 4 stems fresh basil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Handful pitted olives
- Gluten free pasta of choice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Handful of pine nuts (optional)
- Steam pumpkin until tender.
- Heat a little water in a separate pan, add the garlic and onion and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, basil and apple cider vinegar.
- Cover the pot and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add olives, stir the steamed pumpkin through the sauce and keep warm.
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- Stir pasta through the sauce and serve alongside a fresh green salad.
- Sprinkle with black pepper, pine nuts and nutritional yeast.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!