This recipe for ginger shots is so delicious and easy to make at home. Better yet, it’s only 3 ingredients. Bonus! But don’t be fooled, these ingredients hold powerful medicinal qualities, which makes this combination fantastic for boosting the immune system.
What Are Wellness Shots?
Wellness shots have become quite popular over the past few years, and for good reason. Perhaps you’ve never heard of them before. They are basically a concentrated version of a fresh juice which is drunk from a shot glass. Large amounts of certain ingredients are used depending on what the goal of the recipe is e.g. energy, detox, skin etc.
What is This Recipe for Ginger Shots Good for?
This recipe is focused on supporting the immune system, therefore, we are using ginger, lemon and apple.
- Ginger is known to strengthen the body’s defences by improving the antioxidant levels will help to protect humans against many chronic diseases. You can read more about ginger’s benefits for the immune system in my article here.
- Lemons are high in Vitamin C, antioxidants and other plant compounds which may help strengthen the immune system.
- Apples are also added in to reduce the spiciness and increase the nutrition content even more. Apples are high in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that may help regulate the immune system.
For anyone who hasn’t had a ginger shot before, they can taste very spicy. I personally love the spicy kick, but you can always adjust the flavour by adding extra apple.
This recipe makes three servings, with approximately 100ml being one serving. So you can store the rest in a sealed glass jar in the fridge and drink it over the next couple of days.
Can I make this without a juicer?
Yes you can! If you don’t have a juicer, you can simply use a blender and a nut milk bag. You can purchase one here if you’re in Australia, or here if you’re in any other country. Blend up the ingredients and strain the liquid through a nut milk bag to remove the pulp.
You can buy wellness shots at most healthy cafes and juice bars, but they can be very expensive and aren’t always made fresh. It’s so easy to make them at home and then you can ensure you’re using the freshest organic ingredients for optimal nutrition.
Homemade Recipe for Ginger Shots
- 1 large apple
- 1/2 small lemon roughly peeled
- 1 thumb-length piece of ginger
- Put all the ingredients through a juicer.